New CPS Data
Recently released data from the Arizona Dept of Economic Security shows us the effects of an overwhelmed Child Protective Services system combined with the increase in the number of reports of child abuse and neglect coming into their office.
- Increase in the number of reports of child abuse and neglect- 24% since October 1st of 2009
- Case loads too high – More than 50% above standards
- Number of open cases that have been inactive for 60 days or more – 9,882
- Increase in out-of-home care population – 37% More children in foster care since October 1, 2009
- Foster homes decreasing – The number of licensed foster homes decreased by 474 homes since October 1, 2009.
- Decrease in the percentage of children receiving a required visit by CPS staff – Decreased from 81% to 78% since October 1st, 2009.