Babies and Toddlers ‘Stroll’ to State Capitol on March 11 for Early Childhood Day
The Arizona Early Childhood Alliance (AZECA) will host its Early Childhood Day on Wednesday, March 11, from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Arizona State Capitol. The annual day of advocacy brings together families and early childhood champions to raise awareness of the importance of a child’s earliest years.
The Early Childhood Day will also feature Arizona’s first-ever Strolling Thunder, a flagship advocacy event of ZERO TO THREE’s national Think Babies campaign to bring attention to the many issues that affect what babies and families need to thrive. Key priorities include quality and affordable child care, time for parents to bond with their babies, nurturing healthy emotional development and promoting strong physical health and nutrition.
Throughout the morning, families and early childhood advocates will attend breakout sessions on a variety of legislative topics and will have the opportunity to meet with their legislators.
Schedule of events:
- 8 a.m. Check-in and registration, coffee and breakfast served
- 8:30 a.m. Welcome from AZECA Leadership Team
- 8:50 a.m. Group photo at the Liberty Bell
- 9-10 a.m. Break-out sessions and activities
- 9:30 a.m. Capitol Museum tour
- 9:50 a.m. Strolling Thunder parade and participant photo
- 10-11 a.m. Break-out sessions and activities
- 11 a.m.-12 p.m. Break-out sessions and activities
- 12 p.m. Capital Museum tour
The Arizona State Capitol is located at 1700 W. Washington St., Phoenix, AZ 85007
Advance registration for the AZECA Early Childhood Day is required at azeca.org.